The annual ColorPalooza event is back for 2022 and is designed to showcase the rich cultural, artistic, and eco-friendly spirit of Lewisville! Attendees are invited to experience a day of creativity, education, art activities, and displays in Old Town Lewisville.
For more details, visit LewisvilleColorPalooza.com.
- Chalk This Way Festival – It will include amateur and professional chalk art, a kids’ chalk area, and a chalk art scholarship contest. For more information on the scholarship contest and amateur chalk art, visit chalkthisway.org.
- DIY Tie-Dye Station – Visitors can buy a plain white t-shirt ($5), pick out what colors they want, and create their own design.
- Art Demos– See artists create new works of art throughout the day – painting, clay making, etc.
- Interactive Art – Hands-on art activities including sand art, cookie decorating, DJ school, steamer sticks, and more.
- Eco-Alley – Earth-friendly and sustainable displays and activities including Recycle Rainbow murals and reCOLORcycle.
- Live Music showcasing a variety of genres.
- Cultural Dance Performances highlighting different cultures.
- Food trucks showcasing food from different countries and cultures.
2022 Entertainment Schedule
- 10:30 – 11:00 a.m.: Chin Youth Organization – City Hall
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Tu Van Lion Dance – City Hall
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.: Jade Flores – Wayne Ferguson Plaza
- 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.: Bandan Koro African Drum & Dance – City Hall
- 1:45 – 2:45 p.m.: Shay on Sax – Wayne Ferguson Plaza
- 2:45 – 3:30 p.m.: Alma y Corazon Tejano Ballet Folklorico – City Hall
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.: Mariachi Rosas Divinas – Wayne Ferguson Plaza
- 4:30 – 5:00 p.m.: Eyakkam Dance Company – City Hall
- 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.: The Grays Disney Covers Concert – Wayne Ferguson Plaza
About the Artists:
Jade Flores was born and raised in Red Oak, Texas. As soon as she strums her first chord on the guitar or sings her first note, the atmosphere is completely transformed. With roots in classic country, and a fusion of Americana, blues, and vintage rock & roll – Jade is the perfect hybrid of what everyone loves and brings a soulful sound to every set.
You may recognize her from her American Idol days or from other local music scenes. Jade is definitely an artist you don’t want to miss!
As a trained saxophonist and vocalist Shayla Logan’s career in music navigates through an array of experiences. Shayla is also known as “Shay on Sax”.
Shayla was born under a lineage of musicians as she recalls, stories of her grandfather playing alongside the great moguls of jazz such as Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, and Nat King Cole. Shayla’s largest influence growing up was her mother and father both vocalists and musicians.
While in her early saxophone studies Shayla placed honors in All-State music competitions. Shayla also sang in church and school choirs while participating in musicals and theater shows. She was later awarded performance scholarships to attend her local Community College and Xavier University of New Orleans, Louisiana.
Shayla’s college studies include music history, theory, composition, orchestration, and performance. With minor studies in education, Shayla has been mentoring/teaching young and upcoming musicians throughout her career.
As a professional performing artist Shayla has performed throughout the United States with and for a number of noteworthy artists/friends. Shayla not only manages her own bands but also has worked as a freelance saxophonist/vocalist, held musicians residency on Bourbon Street of New Orleans, and been a featured soloist in community symphonic orchestras.
Shayla’s captivating stage presence pierces through the souls of her audiences with every passionate performance. Shayla has a rich and sonorous tone that resonates through her melodic phrasing style. Shayla continues her career in pursuit of sharing her triumphant journey through this space and time while documenting her truth through music.